Wednesday 4 May 2011

Season 18 Scarf

I started this version of Tom’s scarf in February 2011. It has taken me up to this time to complete just one quarter and a half of it so far, due to time restraints of home life. However, I am finding that the project itself is moving along faster than my previous scarf, mainly due to the fact that the stitches are larger and the wool is thicker.

Picture of scarf so far:

Hints and Tips to help you create your own:

To start a scarf, one must have the correct colour wools, correct sized needles and tension. Of course the pattern is also required needless to say. Below I have listed what I have found to be the best course of colours and needles for this project. For those of you who cannot find the same, Ebay and wool shops on-line should be looked into.

Needles: 6mm (size 10 US)

Wool: Lions Suede wool

Colours used: Garnet, Eggplant and Spice.

Number of stitches needed: 42

Total length: About 26 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment