Friday 18 May 2012

Season 16/17 Tom Baker Scarf

Time for another scarf project. This time its Tom Baker’s season 16/17 scarf which appeared in The Ribos Operation, part of Key To Time series.

After a long search we (hubby and I) found these colours were as closer match as possible purchasable in the UK.  It is quite annoying that for most colours, only the USA stocks them and of course then you will need to add shipping to the cost.



As you can see I am part way through the second colour. The lines of knitting are not slipped in this section of the scarf. There are 60 stitches, using the normal knit stitch.



5 comments:

  1. Hey, it's your friend from across the pond again!
    So, which yarns are you using? I would love to know the brands and colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Nice of you to drop by :)

    The yarns are of various brands (shown above photo). Here is a list of the brands and their product codes which are all DK (double knit):

    Robin - 026 9268
    Robin - 017 9772
    Special By Stylecraft - 1027 Khaki
    Premier Value - 025
    Premier Value - 029
    Premier Value - 023
    Big Value - 671

    Are you making anything yourself currently? Would love to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about halfway through with my restarted Season 18, and I used the yarn from the first one to make smaller versions for my daughters (one of whom is also named Freya, by the way). I found that when I frogged my scarf, the Lion Brand Suede yarn lost its' sheen and got really puffy, which I why I chose to turn it into mini-scarves rather than incorporate it into the new scarf. I'll try to figure out how to send you a picture.

      Until next time!

      Delete
  3. Hello again,
    I couldn't figure out how to put a picture in here, so I sent you a Facebook friend request so you could see my scarves!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I am currently knitting myself a Tom Baker scarf for a Doctor Who party on Feb 8th. It's currently 7ft long, just over half way there. I'm using roughly the same colours as you, mainly Hayfields Bonus DK, but a bit of Life DK for the goldy yellow. Will show you a photo when it's done!

    ReplyDelete